Wednesday 24 November 2010

From Awareness to Free Will

E. Spittle (2005) writes about the principle of Consciousness according to Sidney Banks:
  • "What was very helpful to me was seeing that Consciousness is awareness of  and how we create experience. That opened a new door of understanding for me. Being aware of experience on an external level is helpful, but being aware of how we create experience is the true gift. Here is where free will comes into play, giving us the opportunity to make choices." 
  • "Then I had an insight about how it was my thinking that was creating my feelings. I became conscious of the principles in action. My ability to think created my reality; my ability to be conscious of that process allowed me to change my reality."
  • from: Wisdom for Life: Three Principles for Well-being. p. 15-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment